Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Starting Things Off

San Francisco was one of those life goals; I had this gut feeling I needed to be there.  It was something about the city, about how I felt when I visited friends.  And on New Year's Eve 2010, I made it.  A year and a half later, I'm now living across the Pacific Ocean in Shanghai, China.  It's a ball of crazy anxiety and excitement all rolled into one.

That ball got rolling soon after I got laid off from my last job.  They say these things are usually blessings in disguise and they couldn't be more right.  It wasn't easy though.  When Shanghai was a decision waiting to happen, I was made an offer for my dream job.  And I had to walk away.      

So here I am starting a blog, thinking this may be my outlet in a foreign everything.  And I can't tell you the amount of mental roadblocks I've had to overcome to actual sit and write this.  I kept thinking -- Why would someone read my blog?  Am I important enough to have a blog?  Will people judge what they read?  What will they think?  But I'm taking the plunge and sharing my journey -- even if my mom's my only reader.    

14 comments:

  1. Just read your post and loved it. Glad you took the plunge!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom isn't your only reader!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to hearing about all of your adventures too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And in case you're wondering, hi, it's me, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Fran! I thought I had already reached blogger stardom by having a random person read my posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to read every now and then, if that's ok? You and Mike are so brave -- I'm in awe! Congrats on the move. xo, kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course it's okay! And you can read more often than "every now and then" ;) Thanks, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm here too honey, couldn't be more proud of you if I tried to be, you are so brave and a true inspiration for me. I can't wait to come & see you and all these sights for myself....roll on the weekly updates! All my love, Emx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you're blogging and can't wait to read about all of your adventures. You are such a rock star!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dang, I got to the first post (I've been reading backwards). Guess I'll have to read in real time like everyone else!

    ReplyDelete