Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Merry Christmas and More

I fly home tomorrow night -- yippee! I'm looking forward to some time in the States, with family and close friends, and In-N-Out and Huckleberry's (my favorite brunch spot in LA). 

I had given myself these last few months to determine what I wanted to do during my time here. The job thing has only resulted in a few glimmers of hope, but as of now, that's all they are -- glimmers. So in January, the plan is to go back to school and continue Mandarin classes. I've also looked into volunteer opportunities at a couple of different NGOs, and classes in photo editing and website development. The challenge is things move slowly here, people take a long time to respond, and I may have to wait a month or two before the start of a new session. We'll see! I'll keep you all updated. 

Because I want to live in the moment while I'm home -- and since the moment will pass too quickly, I'm sure -- I'm putting the blog on pause again. In the meantime, enjoy the holiday season, act with kindness, be blessed and be thankful, and love unconditionally. 
Newtown, Conn./AP Photo/Jason Decrow

No comments:

Post a Comment