Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Time to Sweep the Tombs

This week is a short one thanks to the "Tomb Sweeping Holiday." My favorite reaction came from my cousin in Texas when I told her why I had Thursday and Friday off: "That sounds gross and morbid."  

Come to find out it's a time for families to get together and pay tribute to those who've passed. It's not religious, but you burn incense, set a place at the table for them, and offer up fake (paper) money and fake (paper) iPhones (really!).  

I'm happy I'll be with my little family this holiday, and we'll certainly pay tribute to those who've passed in our own way, cherishing the happy memories and laughing as we recall the funny ones.  

4 comments:

  1. Does Apple sell the fake paper phones or are they knock off paper iPhones? ;)

    ReplyDelete