Saturday, June 15, 2013

Zhoumo kuaile!

We're off on an adventure this weekend! Mike and I will help inaugurate a new 42-kilometer bike path along Yangcheng Lake outside of Suzhou on Sunday. The event is sponsored in part by our favorite bike guys (Factory Five), and proceeds from participants support Yan'an earthquake relief efforts. 

As if the event couldn't get any cooler, the ride will be followed by a "Game of Thrones-level feast," an Argentine Asado-style BBQ. I'm not even sure what that means -- apparently there's a three-meter long pit involved -- but I think I'm gonna like it. Especially since the meal will be concocted by some of Shanghai's most famous chefs (Austin Hu from Madison, Brad Turley from Goga, and Hamish Pollitt from M on the Bund; Madison and Goga -- which is short for Golden Gate, btw -- are two of my favorites here and remind me of eateries back home in LA and SF). Profits from the BBQ will go to the The Good Earth Project (remember them from our Chongming bike trip?). 

Suzhou is a quick train ride away, and Mike and I are getting there unsupervised and on our own a day early to check out the city. I think this leg of the trip will be the adventure part... Wish us luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment