Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Introducing Shima!

Our little family has expanded! No, I haven't been holding out on you for the last nine months; instead, we recently adopted a puppy. (As I write this, she's busy chasing her tail.) Her rescuers, a young couple who found her outside of their housing compound, gave her up with great difficulty Sunday evening (they'll be moving into a smaller place in Hong Kong, and can't bring the dog with them). 

Mike and I have always wanted a dog and now that life is (slightly) more settled and I'm home more often, we decided to go for it. And plus, there are a number of strays in this city that need a loving home.  

We're not sure of the breed; the rescuers said something about a "Chinese rural dog," but my guess is she's a bit of a mut (like her new mom!). We'll find out when we go to the vet.  

Unlike Mike, I've never owned a dog so wish me luck as new puppy momma! Any advice is welcomed and appreciated. 
We're so excited to bring this cutie into our lives! With that, I'd be remiss if I didn't thank Shima's rescuers and JAR for all that they do.   

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! She is adorable! She is lucky that you are at home and can entertain her. Ginger says hi, and ruff ruff! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete