Monday, January 27, 2014

A Word About Fashion

I've been wanting to write another post about Shanghai fashion for a while now, but it's hard to capture some of the more outrageous outfits, much less understand and explain them. I've managed, however, to come up with a few street fashion themes based solely on my opinions and observations:

Professional attire? What profession? I've been floored by some of the outfits I've seen at work (when I used to work), or while out and about bearing witness to morning commutes. They just seem terribly inappropriate! There are only a few places where hot pants, over-the-knee boots, and short skirts are acceptable, and those jobs aren't usually 9 to 5.
Little Girl Wear. I don't know how I feel about young women (emphasis on "women") wearing bows and pigtails, cartoons on clothes and furry animal backpacks. Disheartened? Disappointed? Disenchanted? It may not be as much of an emotion as it is an eye roll and
a sigh.
Mix-and-Maybe-Match Patterns. Don't get me wrong, I love the look of layering different prints and I certainly admire those who can do it successfully. But not a lot of people are successful at mixing and matching and the result can be dizzying, don't you think?

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed the pics. So hilarious! I love it!

    ReplyDelete