Friday, February 14, 2014

Zhoumo kuaile!

Before I close on the Japan trip, here's a fun video recap (courtesy of Mike and his new toy):

I hope you've enjoyed this week's posts about the trip. I really loved Japan and would actually jump at the chance to live there. Maybe it's the stark differences between the Chinese and the Japanese, the fact that the latter seems to take such great care in all things -- from creating beautiful products and exquisite meals, to maintaining a high level of self-respect and respect for others. For example, it was a breath of fresh air (literally, in fact) seeing passengers politely line up single file to board a crowded subway train while allowing others to get off first.

On a different topic and in exciting news, two of my girlfriends are coming to China. Similar to what "the team" did back in May, the girls are flying into Beijing and out of Shanghai (and on to Thailand for one of them, whom I'll be joining! More on that later.). Mike and I are meeting them in the capital on Sunday, so you'll have to forgive me if posts are sporadic as I play hostess (and traveler) again.

P.S. I just added a few more photos to my Flickr account. Click here and enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. That was Awesome… LOVED the Video & Music!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Mike to stop boarding so close to trees, please. Other than that...LOTS of fun watching! It looked sooo beautiful there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was. You'll have to tell Mike; he doesn't listen to me.

      Delete