Friday, June 6, 2014

Zhoumo kuaile!

This week has been a weird one for me. I've been feeling pretty restless, with one foot firmly planted in Shanghai and the other taking an imaginary leap back home. It's the calm before the storm. It's the week before Vietnam, which is the week before we sort and pack.

Although there have been a few hurdles in preparing for Vietnam, I'm glad it's here -- the finale trip. And yes, we will be making it back to Shanghai, having to fly south before going north again, and waking up before dawn to do so.

Adventure awaits with a food tour booked in Ho Chi Minh City, an overnight cave expedition in Central Vietnam, and a cruise in Halong Bay off of Hanoi. We're meeting two of Mike's childhood friends in Phong Nha (where the caves are located), and I think I'm more worried about keeping up with the boys (from a drinking perspective) than anything else.

Enjoy the week! I'll be back with a recap.
Cruise boats in Halong Bay
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/165296248798571281/

1 comment:

  1. That looks amazing! Can't wait to hear about your adventures! :-)

    ReplyDelete