Thursday, January 31, 2013

Shanghai Java

East Coast family and friends, look what we found at a nearby food court! I guess I should also mention the Starbucks Coffees on every other corner, and the Coffee Beans where there's no Starbucks, not to mention the Costa Coffees, if you're familiar with the British chain. Coffee addicts will have no problem finding their fix, but it comes at a price -- $5 for a tall/small latte. 
I miss the local, artisanal coffee shops of San Francisco -- Blue Bottle and Ritual Coffee Roasters -- but I've found the rough equivalent here, at a French bakery down the road and a cupcake shop (of all places!) around the corner. They make Starbucks look cheap.    

2 comments:

  1. Dunkin Donuts makes the best coffee. I buy it from the grocery store. I love your blogs!

    ReplyDelete