Monday, January 28, 2013

The Most Dangerous Job in the World?

A while ago, I posted about some of the crazy jobs locals have taken on, one of which was washing the windows of high-rise buildings. This weekend, I finally got some decent photos of these professionals in action, and I'd dare say it might be the most dangerous job in the world, don't you think? 

Here's what we saw out our window while eating breakfast Saturday morning.  
Now keep in mind that we're on the 36th floor. 
Some ropes and a small piece of wood keep this man suspended more than 500 feet above ground. At a certain point, things didn't seem to be going according to plan and, I swear, he was at a 45 degree angle. I couldn't look.  

Here are some more washers at work at our neighborhood Uniqlo (one of my favorite stores in these parts; but I digress).  

1 comment:

  1. Uniqlo! I love that store! But, I feel like the shirts are made for skinny Japanese kids, so they don't quite fit my well-fed American frame... :P

    ReplyDelete