Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Fatty Tuesday: La Maison Gourmande

There are lots of Frenchies here in Shanghai, and lots of French restaurants, which makes this francophile a happy girl. "La Maison Gourmande" is a cafe around the corner from us, and, intrigued, I had Mike meet me there after yoga class a few Saturdays ago. I thought we'd have a quick coffee and croissant, but little did I know that we were in for much more than a casual bite.  

Instead of simple breakfast options, the menu offered plates of substance like a beef stew, which Mike ended up ordering. I got the set brunch, which was a collection of small bites grouped into three courses -- the app, the main, and the dessert (below). The food was playful (like the bite of chocolate lava cake inside of an egg shell) and presented beautifully. And it was good -- I wouldn't call it amazing, but overall, very good. The meal, however, came at a hefty price, and I'm not sure I'd do it over again. When it comes to a weekend brunch, I think I prefer quick and casual over formal and pricey.  
Before
After

No comments:

Post a Comment