Wednesday, March 6, 2013

It's getting warmer!

It was warm and sunny today, and the air quality wasn't so bad; spring is coming! But before it does, I must tell you about a winter trend among the young and old, both males and females (although most prevalent among young females) -- UGGs (or some variation of them) in different colors, different heights, with different embellishments (fringe, fur, sparkles, and other bedazzles). 
A couple of funny things to note:
  1. UGGs here are actually called "U-G-Gs," I've been told.  
  2. As you can probably imagine, there are a plethora of blatantly fake uggs around these parts. (I call them fuggs.) You can easily spot them by their collapsing ankles, when the structure of the boot simply folds inward due to overuse and being counterfeit.    
These are "GG&UUs". 
Collapsing ankles!

And in case you were wondering, the American trend of UGGs with skimpy shorts or skirts hasn't crossed the Pacific (thankfully).    


4 comments:

  1. Fun post! You should see if you could do some "on the street" fashion photography/reporting for a side gig. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that I HATE UGGS? Except yours. Yours are ok. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love mine, I must admit, but I'll only wear them in the cold and sans the mini skirt.

      Delete