Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Fatty Tuesday: Caliburger

I haven't done one of these in a while, so I thought I'd bring it back with a taste of home found right here in Shanghai.

It may be a complete rip-off of a certain hometown favorite [Cali friends, I'll let you draw your own conclusion], but, I have to admit, CaliBurger offers a decent meal. The star of the menu is the "Cali Double," which can come in a meal (fries + drink), and fries can be "wild style"-ed, topped with American cheese, grilled onions and their signature "Cali sauce". [Rung a bell yet?] The menu, however, is more extensive than the original, offering more than just burgers. I tried their grilled chicken sandwich with an avocado ranch dressing, and even though the avocado is barely noticeable, it's a tasty meal. Mike went for the burger, which he thoroughly enjoyed. His conclusion: "It was good enough to make me miss the real thing."
I've said it before -- you can find anything here. And if you can't find it, you can probably find its fake.

CaliBurger:
1818 West Nanjing Road (but west of the Jingan Temple)
(In the basement of yet another mall on Nanjing)

4 comments:

  1. Wow. The red and yellow definitely remind me of a certain burger joint in California. I recently moved to Shanghai and have really enjoyed reading your blog! Thank you so much for all the helpful info!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ingrid! Your comment means a lot as sometimes I wonder if I'm just talking to myself... Let me know if you have any questions as you get settled.

      Delete