Thursday, November 21, 2013

Poor Shima!

Our little pup got fixed yesterday and her dew claws (also known as her sixth toe on each hind leg), removed. She's been recuperating and resting, though she tends to do that anyway (lazy puppy!).
Several folks have asked me about healthcare here -- for my dog and myself. I've actually been really impressed with both. Shima's vet is a caring and knowledgable European woman known as Dr. Stephanie. And although I've never been to a vet's office in the States, I'd say her office rivals those back home. The same goes for my doctor's office here where, if I let my mind wander for a bit, I'd turn to Shima and say, "Shima, I've a feeling we're not Shanghai anymore."


If you ever need a vet in Shanghai:
Dr. Stephanie Goltz
St. Anthony Animal Recovery Hospital
440 Hami Road, Changning District

3 comments:

  1. Why did you remove her dew claws? Ginger still has hers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our vet recommended we have it done at the same time as her other surgery. I read this the other day -- http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/why-remove-a-dogs-dewclaw.html. And Shima kept picking at and licking hers.

      Delete
  2. Oh! Ginger licks her paws a lot. Maybe I'll bring it up to my vet! THanks!

    ReplyDelete