Thursday, March 27, 2014

Gettin' Into the Groove

I've created a busy weekly routine for myself. Before you laugh at the fact that I schedule yoga, you should know that this is by no means a complaint post. I know how lucky I am to have this time to do as I please, and because this time won't last much longer,
I'm milking it.

This is meant to offer a glimpse into my daily life, to show how one day quickly turns into the next. Spaces are filled with errands and Shima walks; Chinese homework and English lesson plans; blog posts and City Weekend articles (among other writing projects).
More importantly, this is proof (to myself) that I've gotten into a groove here in Shanghai. I've found how to keep my mind and body active and busy, and this makes me happy and whole.

Some clarification on the schedule: I just joined a writers' group that meets Tuesday evenings; on Thursdays, I help my Chinese teacher, Cabell, with her English (answering her vocab questions and editing a grammar book she's writing and hoping to publish).  

1 comment: