Friday, March 28, 2014

Zhoumo kuaile!

We're off to Moganshan tonight! About 200 km from Shanghai (I speak in "km" now), Moganshan provides respite to weary city dwellers, where they can frolic in lush bamboo forests instead of a concrete jungle. I'm excited. I can't remember the last time I hiked, and hiking was such a critical part of my San Francisco existence (Mike proposed at the top of a trail in the Marin Headlands after all!).

A friend is running the Moganshan Half Marathon and organized the trip there for about 30 of his closest friends. We had heard great things about the place (nature! fresh air!) and jumped at the chance to go. What's perhaps most exciting is that Shima will be joining us -- our first family vacation! I see this as going one of two ways: somewhat disastrously or rather effortlessly. Hopefully it's the latter.
Credit (and for more info on Moganshan): click here

1 comment: