Tuesday, August 7, 2012

My Very Own Velo

Remember my bike? Yesterday, we finally received word that it was ready for pick-up. After dinner, Mike hopped on his bike, and I walked briskly to meet him at the shop. The guy there installed my pedals and handle bars and adjusted my seat, and we were off. Thankfully, both the traffic and the heat had dissipated -- it was about 8:30 p.m. at that point -- and the first ride on the new vélo was a fun one. I'm not sure I'm ready just yet for Mike's Tuesday night rides (double the speed and triple the distance), but I'll certainly work up to them.  
On my inaugural ride, outside our apartment complex
Hers and His

2 comments:

  1. reminds me of the good ole days of strasbourg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, me too! Although I'm pretty sure the roads in Strasbourg were a bit safer. We'll see how I do on the streets of Shanghai.

    ReplyDelete