Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Best. Day. Ever.

It’s true what they say: You’ll never feel more beautiful, you’ll never feel more love, and it all goes by in a flash. Our wedding day was fantastic, and by day, I mean from 5:30 p.m. into the early hours of September 23. From the moment I saw Mike waiting for me at the end of the aisle, I couldn’t wipe the huge smile off my face. After that, it was a whirlwind of love and happiness with family and friends gathered from near and far to celebrate us. 

I wish I could tell you that the day was perfect and there’s not a thing I’d change. The truth is, I’d probably change a lot. The planning process started well before the decision was made to move to China. And yes, I had gotten a lot done before the move. But there’s only so much you can do ahead of time, and then there’s only so much you can do via email. A lot was crammed in those two weeks before the wedding. And I don’t like to cram. The other part of the equation was the homecoming after three months of living in China. It was hard to come back only to have limited time (and a limited attention span) to catch up with family and friends and old coworkers. And then there are all of the other typical wedding woes that have to do with guests lists and budgets and offending a person or two along the way (I’m convinced you can’t go through this sort of thing without doing so). 

BUT, it was the best day ever. Never have I felt more beautiful. Never have I felt more love. Never have I smiled so much. Never have I been happier. And it all went by in a flash. 
Side story: As I primped, Mike spent the earlier part of the day doing one of the things he loves to do, “park chilling”. It was a beautiful San Francisco day, and he spent a few hours at Dolores Park with some of our closest friends. When I heard, I admit, I got jealous, and I’m still bitter he got more park/friend time in than I did. But hair and make-up was fun (when do you ever get to do that?), and I felt an overwhelming sense of calm and confidence as I prepped to marry my best friend.

2 comments:

  1. It was the most perfect wedding I've ever been to. I, for one, wouldn't change a thing. Amazing food, amazing friends, great family, and Music!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! I'm pretty sure I love you, Anonymous.

      Delete