Friday, October 12, 2012

Zhoumo kuaile!

We have our first visitor this weekend! A cousin of mine from LA is here in Shanghai for business and will be staying with us tonight. The plan? Food. Tonight, it's Guyi for spice-rubbed pork ribs and tomorrow morning, it's crepurritos. We'll also fit in "xiaolongboa," or soup dumplings, before he leaves for the airport. 

I can't believe I haven't told you about soup dumplings yet. Shanghai is known for them, and the dish is one of my favorites. It's essentially a pork meatball and broth wrapped in a thin flour skin. But beware of the broth. You don't want to order these when you're starving, or when you're likely to just pop one in your mouth. Trust me, I learned the hard way. To prevent burning your tongue, follow these fun instructions and you'll find that these delicious little things are so worth the extra steps --
Source: stevengoh.com via Alexis on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment