Monday, November 19, 2012

Back from Beijing

In addition to walking through Jingshan Park and taking advantage of hotel amenities, I visited the Summer Palace in northwest Beijing, about an hour subway ride from where we were staying. It reminded me of Central Park with its miles of green, its bodies of water, and its hidden treasures (here, pavilions, halls, and temples). I hadn't realized how much ground there was to cover, and really didn't leave myself much time to see the whole thing. I imagine I'll go back in the spring with visitors (you, perhaps?), and enjoy it even more when the weather is warm and the flowers are in bloom.
More photos from the trip here

We went back to Dadong for roast duck, and tried the Beijing staple at another restaurant, Duck de Chine. Both were fantastic, but Duck de Chine may have won out with its homemade hoisin sauce. Our other dinner was at Mike's go-to hot pot restaurant, where, yes, noodles were flung over heads.  

No comments:

Post a Comment