Friday, November 2, 2012

Zhoumo kuaile!

Happy weekend, everyone! 

No big plans for this weekend (after last weekend’s excitement) other than keeping our cycling legs in shape by going on a long (but not that long) bike ride Saturday or Sunday morning -- perhaps to the Shanghai Pudong Antique Market where we’ll hunt for hidden treasures. I’ve been itching to make our apartment look more like us than a generic, oversized hotel room.

On another note, I received confirmation in the mail yesterday that I’m registered to vote from China, and I just faxed my ballot in from the Ritz-Carlton’s business center. How much does it cost to exercise one’s right to vote from China? Approximately $10.50. All in the name of democracy!

Along with most of you on Tuesday night, my lovely friend Robin and I will be catching the election results Wednesday morning at a party jointly hosted by the American Chamber of Commerce, the U.S. Consulate General and the American Women’s Club of Shanghai. 
"OK" -- two letters that tell me
my vote is in.

P.S. Invitations have been sent and the turkey has been ordered for our first Thanksgiving in Shanghai! We’re having friends from my Chinese class over; three Germans, two Brazilians and one Russian will be joining four Americans for a traditional turkey dinner with all the fixins. More to come on the actual execution of this dinner, given our small kitchen, undersized oven, and hard-to-find ingredients. We're up for the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment