Friday, November 30, 2012

Zhoumo kuaile!

In exciting news, tomorrow morning Mike and I are traveling to Chengdu, i.e. the land of PANDAS. He's there for work, and in keeping my resolution, I'm tagging along.  

Chengdu is home to a renowned panda research facility and conservation education center. We plan on visiting the Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding -- its official name -- early Sunday morning, when, we've read, pandas are most active. Cost of entry isn't terribly expensive (under $10), but for a couple hundred dollars more, you can hold a (baby) panda. I don't know about you, but to me, this is a no-brainer -- and worth every penny (and those pennies go to research, if you need to justify the cost). I can't wait. Of course, photos (lots of them) to come. 

I'm researching what else there is to do in Chengdu, the capital of the Sichuan province in Southwest China. It's another big city, crowded with skyscrapers like Beijing and Shanghai, enjoying a thriving economy (Intel has a huge presence there with four factories totaling 600,000 square feet and two other buildings totaling 200,000 square feet). No doubt we'll try local dishes, known for their spice, and maybe Mike will agree to attend the Sichuan opera with me only because there's fire breathing involved. 
Source: Uploaded by user via Alexis on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment