Friday, May 31, 2013

Chinglish Part III (and Zhoumo kuaile!)

I thought it'd be appropriate to follow up our China-versary with the third post in my Chinglish series (Part I, Part II). The collection is growing...  

Paying our mobile phone bill:
"The Service Accepts Area;" accentuated by the random wires hanging from the ceiling.
At a small museum in Shanghai:
"This door impassibility;" "This is not an exit"?
In front of an airport's smoking section:
"Do not litter butts;" it's funny 'cause they said 'butts.'
At the entrance of a museum in Hangzhou (the exit here is also the entrance, as evidenced by the folks leaving the museum the same way they came in; yes, back through a metal detector):
"Please accept inspection consciously;" (I'm impressed that this was at least spelled correctly.)
Perhaps my favorite of the bunch, this photo was taken at the airport in Xian (these seats were nowhere near a gate, by the way):
"Only for the old and weak;" let's be blunt.


1 comment: