Wednesday, May 28, 2014

It's our second China-versary!

Two years in China. For the rest of my life, I’ll be able to say that I spent two years in China. Pretty cool.

But a small (teeny) part of me wishes those two years would turn to three. After all, it took me about 18 months to really settle in, find my community, and get into the groove. And these last two years flew by at an epic pace.

Here's our last year in China in review:

Some big decisions were made, namely leaving the job I thought I wanted all along. It was quickly replaced with writing City Weekend articles and volunteering as an English teacher (i.e., not following the money).

We moved and added a new member to the family.

We celebrated Year One, as well as Thanksgiving and the Fourth.

And we traveled to some pretty incredible places:

I'm fortunate, I know it.

In five short weeks, it'll be job searching instead of restaurant reviewing, Bart-ing instead of Bob-ing, bill paying instead of trip planning. And yes, I'm ready and excited for the next phase. 

Our first China-versary, if you're interested. 

4 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Will Shima have to be quarantined to enter the USA? I know all pets must be quarantined to travel to Hawaii. I have enjoyed reading your blogs every morning sipping my coffee at work. Don't know what I'll do without it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The (mainland) US is surprisingly lenient when it comes to bringing in pets -- no quarantine! Shima will just have to have a few shots the week prior to the flight. Wish her luck for the long voyage!

      Delete
  2. And don't forget wedding-ing instead of...um...well, can't come up with a Shanghai alternative. But you know what I mean!

    ReplyDelete