Monday, July 23, 2012

So we have a driver

And his name is Bob. I haven't told you this yet, because it's crazy for me to even come to terms with the fact that someone has been hired to drive us (mostly Mike, but sometimes me) around town.  

We've rubbed off on Bob a bit, introducing him to American music and teaching him American colloquialisms. (He said f* the other day, but we can't be held accountable for that one. He learned it from the movies, he told us.) I practice my Mandarin with him, and he practices his English with me. I often ask him (in Mandarin) what he ate for breakfast or lunch that day and every time, he answers (in English), "pork over rice." He may very well be eating pork over rice every day for breakfast and lunch, but I'm hoping our conversation develops into something a bit deeper over time.  

Here's Bob, and here's a short video of us with Bob:       

7 comments:

  1. Thoroughly enjoyed your commentary during the video, Lex : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very deep and thought-provoking, no? "Here's China!"

      Delete
  2. Poor Bob. He just got the old snowboarding mix. He will have to wait until at least Sept until anything new will be worked in...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, although Mike also made him a Girl Talk CD, which should get him by 'til then.

      Delete
  3. I miss you. This made me smile! More video, please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering we both hate hearing our voices and seeing ourselves on camera, I'm not sure how many more videos we'll be creating...

      Delete
  4. Hey honey, that video is hilarious....only discovered it when I went back to read your posts again today. 'This is China'....brilliant, I can't wait to get the tour when we go over!! Ex

    ReplyDelete