Friday, July 6, 2012

Have a good weekend

So it turns out that Malone's has this "Bud and Dog" special every Wednesday. Lame. But our celebration of the Fourth was enjoyable, even if we did miss out on fireworks this year. (Mike threatened to go out and buy some, and launch some of our own, but perhaps we'll save that for next year.) We were joined by a couple of my friends from class and their husbands, and drank our Buds as we listened to the not-so-terrible (but not great) cover band that played classics like "Jack & Diane," "Glory Days," and Miley Cyrus' "Party in the U.S.A."  (Note the hint of sarcasm.)   
   
Mike left for Tokyo yesterday and will be there until next Tuesday, which means I'm left to my own devices for a whole weekend and more. I'm not terribly thrilled by this, but I plan on keeping myself busy. I may go to the Pearl Market (sounds fun, right?) with Sandy tomorrow, and meet up with friends in the evening. I'm also looking forward to a few phone dates with friends back home, and I don't doubt that the 10 or so pages of Mandarin homework will occupy a good portion of my Sunday.  
                            
                               Celebratory Buds
Wearing our red, white and blue (as best we can)

2 comments: