Thursday, July 12, 2012

More Fun on the Walk to School

I told you all that I walk by the Jingan Temple on my way to Mandarin class, but I don't think I've brought up the fact that every morning I'm witness to daily Chinese street performances. I have yet to determine whether these performances are workout routines helping to keep 60 to 70-year-old women in shape, or choreographed dances for the pleasure of a viewing public... Either way, in a little square across the street from the temple, groups of individuals, sometimes in costumes or uniforms, gather and move together to music or the count of an instructor ("liu, qi, ba! 6, 7, 8!"). Here a few photos I snatched on my walk to school (and if you have a better explanation for what these individuals are doing, let me know!):

No comments:

Post a Comment