Friday, June 1, 2012

It's the little things

When we left San Francisco, we knew we wouldn't be able to access beloved sites like Facebook, Hulu and Netflix, but we were also told that, like most things in China, there were work-arounds. A few days after we arrived, I figured out a temporary work-around (hence why I'm currently able to blog and Facebook and stream videos and surf as I please -- just like at home). Internet freedom!  

Upon seeing my Facebook News Feed finally load, I screeched in excitement. It's strange how something seemingly insignificant can have such an effect on a person. I had thought, "No Facebook? No big deal." But not really. And it's not Facebook itself, it's the mere fact that I couldn't access it when I knew it was there, when I was able to just a week ago. Why should I be blocked from my websites when I didn't do anything wrong? I'm an American, damn it.  ;)  

Because this is a temporary fix, I may not post again for a while. Forgive me. Be patient. And watch this video because you can.  

2 comments: