Friday, June 29, 2012

Have a happy weekend

What are you doing this weekend? Yes, I really want to know. 

Tomorrow morning, Mike and I will be discovering our new 'hood with Sandy, a woman I had been set up with through my mom's friend back home. Sandy has lived here for about 10 years, and now that Mike and I have moved, we're neighbors. She'll be taking us to the local bakeries and coffee shops and fruit stands, including the famous Avocado Lady about whom we've heard a lot from other expats. Her shop caters to foreigners and carries hard-to-find Western items like peanut butter, raw almonds and yes, avocados. After having some terrible guacamole at a Mexican restaurant last night, I have high hopes for the Avocado Lady.
LaterGram: Goods for sale at the Avocado Lady


No comments:

Post a Comment